August book recommendation: In the footsteps of Anne Boleyn by Natalie Grueninger and Sarah Morris

 In the footsteps of Anne Boleyn

By

Natalie Grueninger and Sarah Morris


Hello, my book lovers! How are you all doing? I hope you've read plenty of books in the sun!

 So, I am recommending "In the Footsteps of Anne Boleyn" this month. I first read this book when I was 14, and it made me want to visit every building Anne Boleyn set foot in. I can say this for all Anne Boleyn fans going to historic buildings she has set foot in is few and far between. 

You have the obvious ones, like, Hever Castle, Hampton Court and the Tower of London but where else did Anne Boleyn go? And do they still survive?

It became pretty clear to me that both Natalie and Sarah put a lot of work into the research of this book, they themselves have visited all the buildings too, so they could give us, the reader, a more personal experience and a more realistic one too.

I loved this book for the fact I felt I was walking in Anne Boleyn's footsteps, literally. I have in fact been to some of the buildings included in the book, and all of a sudden all that separates us is 500 years. If walls could talk I would love to hear what they could say...

If you are a fan of Anne Boleyn and also to visit historical buildings, this book is a must. I think it helps give you some tips and what to avoid when getting to these places. 

I like the way the book has been written, it is very thorough and precise and is intended very much for a traveller. I also liked the amount of history included on the buildings, when Anne visited them and why she visited them.

Whenever I am thinking of somewhere new to visit, I always refer back to this book to see if there is anywhere new I have not visited. The book also includes the website, phone number and postcode too so you can easily search up the buildings yourself. They also include sometimes, places to possibly stay and local cafes that are nice.

What are you waiting for? Go and purchase this book!!

Until next time, Unholytudor 🌹







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dudley family with Christine Hartweg

The Ascension of James VI & I with Steven Veerapen